25 March 2014

i made a thing // woodland fairytale pouch


This isn't an unusual thing for me to sew. I've made so many flat bottom pouches I can't even count. But, I needed a bigger pouch for my nail tools, and I really love how this one turned out. This woodland fairy tale fabric is the cutest for just about anything. Half Little Red Riding Hood and half Goldielocks and the Three Bears, so adorable! And even though its childish, I chose it because it's really colourful, much like my nail polish collection. It has a nice sunny disposition and makes me happy. 


Spoiler alert - I am no good at making wristlets. Almost every one I've made has broken and it makes me terribly sad. My sewing machine just isn't strong enough to reinforce the fabric around the hardware. I'm hoping this one withstands the test of time, as I do like to bring my nail tools with me to friends' houses. This is also the first time I've top stitched a zipper and I must say, it does give the pouch a much cleaner look. 


I was thinking of making a wrap up pouch for all my nail tools but I'll save that project for another time. I need to find a good pattern instead of guessing. This pouch inspired me a little to get back into making new items for my shop. It's hard when you're on the fence about keeping your shop open and adding new items, or closing down to focus more on your blog. Ah, the woes of an Etsian blogger.

3 comments:

  1. That is too cute! Torin just told me he wants his Auntie to make him a bag for his diaper bag, on the house. lol. and a monster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. I need to learn how to make the flat bottoms - they are the best.
    P.S. WHERE did you find this fabric, swwooooooon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments and try to read and reply to all of them! ♥

© Northern Flicker Co.
Design:Maira Gall.