8 May 2014

My Favourite Nail Polish

No introduction really needed here, huh? 
It's quite obviously by now I love nail polish. So, today I thought I'd discuss a few of my favourites. Holy mackerel, do you know how hard it is to choose just 10 out of 180 polishes as your favourites? Not an easy feat by any means. So I chose 12, some for their colour, some for their reliability. 
Cult Cosmetics in Rose Bowl Although I don't recommend this brand (see why), I love this rose colour.
China Glaze in Mahogany Magic My search for the perfect brown has finally come to an end. This brown is a great hue and is completely true to it's colour in the bottle. Always a big fan of China Glaze - One or two coats, applies evenly, dries fast and lasts a good few days.
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Butterscotch Probably my absolute favourite colour, this mustardy, deep yellow is not too bright, not too dull. Needs one coat, lasts long and the brush for Complete Salon Manicure polishes is the perfect applicator. Definitely one of the best brands out there in my opinion. See here, here and here.
China Glaze in Budding Romance What can I say for this colour except that it's positively perfect. My favourite colours in the whole world are the poopiest of greens. Unfortunately, you need a good 3, sometimes 4 coats to finally achieve a smooth, solid colour, which makes it not very long lasting, but it's worth it if you love a good poopy green haha. See here.
Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant in Out Of The Blue It's very apparent I love wearing blue nail polish, and I'm always on the hunt for ones that don't stain my fingers when I remove it. This is by far the most gorgeous blue I've found to date. It's a very rich "oceanic" blue, long lasting with only need for one coat, dries fast and comes off like a breeze. See here, here and here. If I could marry a nail polish...
Revlon in Chic This beautiful blue is almost like a slate grey, a perfect blue if you're looking for something neutral but also trying to make a statement. Applies gorgeously, like most Revlon products but tends to chip quickly in my opinion. See here.
Julep in Octavia I love this deep blue so much, as you can see here and here. So pretty for fall and winter. Julep creme polishes are usually one to two coats and have a long lifespan. I just wish you got more in a bottle because I'm going through this one so quick!
Essie in Mojito Madness Despite popularity, I'm not a huge fan of Essie. I love their colours but I find I need 2-3 coats for most colours I have and it doesn't seem to last long. Except for this colour which I only really need one coat and it's so pretty I don't even care if it chips fast. 
Wet N Wild Megalast in On A Trip Best. Purple. Ever. It's never easy finding a cool toned purple but this one is it. The brush is perfect for one stroke application and you only need one coat. Maybe two. Dries quickly, lasts forever and is just all around perfect. Another big favourite of mine, as you can see here and here.
Maybelline Color Show in Lust For Lilac This is a great purply pink pastel. I'm not a big pink, or neon fan as you can see but I find myself reaching for this one a lot these days. The brand isn't my favourite but this one seems to last a good day or two, applies nicely and only costs about $2 at Walmart. See here and here.
Zoya in Kieko A new polish for my giant collection, I am an instant fan of the Zoya brand. This purple is so pretty. I find purple is a hue that tends to become sticky after awhile but this polish seems to be the right amount of thin to apply nicely with 2-3 coats and stay thin. I guess only the test of time will show. 
China Glaze in For Audrey If you're looking for the best seafoam colour polish, look no further because For Audrey is it. Almost completely done this bottle it has gone a little sticky, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy more because it's such a pretty colour. Only one coat needed and lasts almost a week for me. See here and here.
What are your favourite nail polish brands or colours?


2 comments:

  1. LOL Budding Romance!! That's such a weird name to go with that color XD

    I am putting Out Of The Blue and For Audrey on my list. I am a sucker for those blues and mints haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Audrey looks absolutely beautiful! I don't typically paint my fingernails but it would be so nice for toes in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments and try to read and reply to all of them! ♥

© Northern Flicker Co.
Design:Maira Gall.