9 April 2014

signs of spring

Well, I think it's safe to say Spring has finally sprung. The snow is finally melting away and greenery is starting to peek out. In May, it will be a year since we moved into the house. It's funny how time works, when I first started my blog, the first few things I wrote about were the snow melting and the flowers peeking through the messy, leafy backyard of the cottage we used to live in. And here I am talking about it again.

The worst part about Spring is how dirty and gross everything got under the snow. The streets are filled with sand and the leaves are either dead or mucky. I'm really excited to clean up and redo the entire yard and garden this spring/summer. But, for now I'm enjoying the pretty purple crocuses and the beginning of our gorgeous tulips. We also have this stink plant that comes up (pictured above), that stops animals and bugs from eating our garden. It sounds gross but when it blooms its quite beautiful.

Happy Spring everyone! xo

4 comments:

  1. Where do you live that it snows? I'll have to back through your archives (stalker) and see those posts! Beautiful photos, I especially love the feet one. I just love a good foot selfie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ontario Canada! We get so much snow in the winter

      Delete
  2. fall has always been my favorite; however THIS year, spring can't come fast enough! Bring on the pretty colors and the thunderstorms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn is my favourite as well - so many pretty colours! Spring is my second because flowers are everything. I cant stand thunderstorms though they're getting pretty scary here!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments and try to read and reply to all of them! ♥

© Northern Flicker Co.
Design:Maira Gall.