17 April 2014

farewell to being human

This is a little late, but, was anyone else as obsessed with the US version of Being Human as I was? I started watching it from day one and was SO pleased with myself that by season 4 I had finally got Jesse hooked on it. And then, like being hit with a tonne of bricks, it was cancelled. The last 6 episodes were rewritten to give the characters closure and make me terribly sad. However, unlike some awesome shows this one did not disappoint (cough...Dexter) and ended quite beautifully.

For those of you who don't know what the heck I'm talking about, let's rewind. Being Human is a show adapted from the UK show of the same name, about a vampire and a werewolf (Not as Twilight-y as it sounds I promise!) who decide to try and be as normal as they can be and move into together, only to find out their house is being haunted by a ghost. Later, Josh meets Nora and marries her, but not before accidentally turning her into a werewolf..spoiler alert?


The best part about this show was definitely the cast. They worked so well together and you could tell that they all genuinely love each other on screen and off. They aren't that bad to look at either, those photos above.. Mother may I?! 

Aiden (Sam Witwer) and Josh (Sam Huntington)'s bantering and bickering like an old married couple is quite entertaining, but, it's Sally (Meaghan Rath)'s bubbly and sarcastic yet horribly tortured character who really steals the show. Despite how incredibly bad she is at making choices you can't help but love her. Lastly, you really want to hate Nora (Kristen Hager) because she's the resident bitch, but you later learn to love her as she makes her way into the Being Human family. 

In real life you can really tell how close they've all become. I mean, just look at these cuties:


It was a really bittersweet ending for me, I'm happy the show ended so well but I'm so so sad it's over. I'm going to miss them so much! What shows were you sad to see go?

Photo credits: 1 // 2 & 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 gif by itsnoteasybeinghuman and the photo collage edits are by the lovely witwereckstein on tumblr.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments and try to read and reply to all of them! ♥

© Northern Flicker Co.
Design:Maira Gall.