29 April 2014

April Maven Box

I seemed to have just slipped this Julep Maven Box review onto the blog before April ended. Haha! Oops. It's not that I forgot - I almost didn't want to even bother with a review this month because I wasn't happy with my box selection. I wasn't happy with any of the boxes to be honest. The colours just weren't my style this month. I'm more of a creme girl, and steer away from sheers and shimmers. I could have skipped it, but I thought what the hell - it'll be nice to have some unsual colours for my collection.
I got the It Girl box, as I usually get. It Girl contains 3 polishes instead of getting 2 with a beauty product, and usually has the 3 best colours out of the monthly collection. This month contained:

Bailey // hyped colbalt sheer
Flora // exotic dragonfruit with blue shimmer
Maren // electric bubblegum sheer with blue sheen

I don't know where they get these descriptions but it doesn't really appear as they say once you apply it to your nails. Even with a white base coat, the "blue shimmer" doesn't really show in Flora, Maren is really, really sheer, and Bailey needs about 3-4 coats before it gets to blue you want.

The only one I liked was Bailey - I actually really love it. It's a beautiful, bold, cobalt blue. I've worn it a few times now. The other colours however, I only tried once and most likely won't use again. My friend Carrie loves Maren though, so maybe they won't go completely unused. They may be more appealing to those with tan skin tone as they are brightly hued, or maybe for people who love doing funky manis, such as the ombre shown here: 
I feel pretty bummed out, this was my first negative review for the Maven subscription. I cannot wait until the May Maven boxesarrive though because they are awesome! And even though the April selection wasn't so great, I won't be cancelling my subscription any time soon because Julep just announced they are changing the way you choose your boxes and are actually giving you the option to choose any three items you want as opposed to getting the three that are selected for you. How exciting! 

Interested in becoming a Maven and receiving exclusive polishes, beauty products and offers? Get your first  Maven Box FREE!

2 comments:

  1. I've only been able to get one Maven box, but I loved it! I am pretty excited about the new way of doing things... Maybe I'll get another one soon.

    Christen
    feathers and ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Definitely. Despite this one being non favourable for me, I absolutely love this box subscription! Best one I've had so far.

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments and try to read and reply to all of them! ♥

© Northern Flicker Co.
Design:Maira Gall.