26 February 2014

I MADE A THING // BASIC WALLET


Lately I've been really lacking inspiration for crafts and have looked into doing new items, for myself and for my Etsy shop. I bought this easy PDF pattern for a basic wallet (since retired and no longer available) from the lovely Michelle Patterns. It sat in my inbox for almost a year until last night when I decided to try it out. I honestly do not know why I waited so long to make this! It's SO simple and the end product is adorable. 

The idea of this wallet is so simple and it will be very useful in so many ways. It easily fits my iPhone 5c, keys and money, and I would assume it would comfortably hold a pocket camera. In my case it would be absolutely PERFECT for concerts as it would snugly fit my gig essentials (but we'll save that topic for another time).


When ever I try something new, the prototype is always a bust. This is the first time my first attempt at something went pretty smooth. Aside from accidentally pressing the Velcro and thus melting half the loops (oops!) it's perfect. I still need some practice with my top stitching because I don't do it very often but I think after a few more tries, I might start selling these if anyone is interested. This would be an awesome DIY, but I wouldn't feel right sharing the tutorial as it's not mine and I bought the pattern off someone else. You can, however, find lots of tips and tricks for sewing on Michelle's blog! P.S Isn't this donut fabric the best?!


Would you like the basic wallet to be available in my Etsy shop?
Also, don't forget about the Half A Whale Sale!

2 comments:

  1. I'd probably get one! It's so compact and cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I love this size too, but I was thinking of making longer clutch sized ones as well! We'll see

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments and try to read and reply to all of them! ♥

© Northern Flicker Co.
Design:Maira Gall.