29 April 2015

12 Lists // Favourite Smells

I've been trying to plan out a full month of blog content, and get into the habit of having a post schedule with lots of variety. I realized lately I haven't been doing much talking lately, because taking photos is easier sometimes. But, today I am introducing something new to the mix, a series of lists that are fun for me, and a way for my readers (old and new!) to get to know me a bit better. I recently stumbled upon Clear The Way/Chez Gillian's 12 List challenge and was more than eager to get started on my own! So I will be doing some fast catch up, as they are on list 4 already. 


The first list is all my favourite smells! 

♥ Freshly cut grass
♥ Fresh Tobacco
♥ The way people smell after being out in the cold for awhile
♥ Bergamot
♥ Taylor Swift's Wanderstruck (admittedly, I cannot stop wearing it)
♥ Sweetgrass
♥ Josie's clean laundry
♥ The smell before rain
♥ Campfire
♥ Old books

I'm always curious as to what smells people are drawn to, or what smells remind them of specific special moments in their life. For example, freshly cut grass reminds me of my dad because he had a second job doing lawn maintenance and he'd always come home smelling like freshly cut grass. And for the same reason, I love the way people smell when they were out in the cold, and the way a cigarette smells the second you light it. The flame to tobacco, just before it smells gross like smoke.  However, that's not what I mean by the smell of fresh tobacco - that smell takes me back to my childhood, when my grandparents owned a tobacco farm that my parents both worked at, and my entire life smelled like tobacco leaves. If I close my eyes and take a deep breath, I can still smell that intoxicating aroma. I'm not sure why most of my nostalgia stems from my Dad, but, many smells remind me of him and remind me of happy times.

What are your favourite smells? Feel free to join in on the 12 lists, and link me to your lists so I can learn more about you, too! Keep up to date on the new lists by following Gillian and Kate's blogs.

xo Amber 

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I appreciate your comments and try to read and reply to all of them! ♥

© Northern Flicker Co.
Design:Maira Gall.